Sunday, April 03, 2016
Not much change from this morning - perhaps tipped just a trifle more - but still holding up. I'll check again before dark, but I'm thinking nothing has melted much today. In fact, we may have made more ice. It's now showing 19 degrees on my thermometer, and the wind is still gusting. There have been snow squalls all day.
I think most of us are really ready for spring, except perhaps the sugar makers. They are having a super great year. I haven't heard that prices have gone down, but one would think they might, at least a bit. Some individuals are selling for less - our neighbor, Jenn Curschmann had a message of Front Porch Forum that they are selling syrup for $45/gal., which is less than I've seen elsewhere. Jenn says theirs is made "the old fashioned way" and therefore the taste is noticeably better. And I believe it. Here are her prices:
Gallon- $45
1/2 Gallon- $25
Quart - $ 15
Pints are- $10
Call me at 793-0599 and we can make arrangements. Happy Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Milfoil Update
FROM BARRY CAHOON: To all who have selflessly and tirelessly volunteered their time on multiple occasions throughout this past summer and e...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...


No comments:
Post a Comment