Sunday, August 30, 2015

We picked up chicken 'n biscuits at the West Danville church last night.  There was a very efficient assembly line that put everything together with no waiting in line hardly at all.  Just time enough to catch up a little chatting with people we knew.  The food was great and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I even brought home some dishes I really didn't need but that were among items left from the yard sale.  I thought it was a really great idea to have things displayed during the supper, although I didn't see many people browsing the yard sale items.  It reminded me of when the barn at Hastings Store was filled with used items for sale and was open all summer.  Now the barn is completely changed, filled with beautiful crafts that make up Deb Stresing's  Joe's Pond Craft Shop.  But back a few decades, my kids loved going there and finding tee shirts or well-worn jeans to bring home and cut off for summer "uniforms."   I'm a pushover for dishes and can always find something I can't leave behind and don't have space for at home.  Last night it was a fun 20 minutes or so getting our suppers and browsing the yard sale tables.

On our way home we stopped at camp.  We had thought Bob and Theresa weren't going to be able to be there this weekend, but their plans changed so they got to camp late Saturday.  Bob had just had his head shaved to raise money for pancreatic cancer research.  The whole fire department in St. Johnsbury participated, along with Bob and a lot of other folks concerned for a friend who has pancreatic cancer.  It was a bit of a shock to see my middle son bald as a billiard ball, even though he normally keeps his hair closely cropped, but still "pretty cool,"  and I had to give him a big hug for his loyalty to his friend.  Theresa really likes his new look, but he didn't commit to whether he will keep it shaved or not.







No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...