Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Well, I've done it again!  I just had a message from Karen Cobb letting me know I goofed when I wrote in the newsletter about the monument at Quantico, VA honoring officers of Basic Class 1967.  First of all, Karen is married to Lee Cobb - her maiden name was Gruggel and Stuart Gruggel is her brother. (I knew that!) It was her husband, Lee who, with nine Marine classmates championed the monument at Quantico.  There.  I hope I got it right this time.  It is a lovely monument and here's what Karen wrote to clarify:


The info on the dedication of the monument to Lee's Basic School Class is wrong. There were 498 in the class. The monument was dedicated to the 43 killed in Vietnam, 1 in Lebanon, and 6 in training exercises. Over 200 were wounded in combat. Lee headed up the Board of ten of his classmates.
 
 
I apologize for getting that so mixed up, Karen, and I'm thankful you have a sense of humor about being married to your brother!  

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...