We just had a phone call from Ray Rouleau who was taking a boat ride with wife, Cindy and friend Gina Kurrle. They spotted the loon family - two adults and one chick. Ray used his cell phone to give us the good news; we had feared both chicks had been lost perhaps to an eagle.
The other good news is that Ray says he's "100% okay" after a medical scare on Wednesday that put him in the hospital overnight.
We knew lots of you would be happy to have both bits of good news - in a world of turmoil and disasters, we are thankful for the good things that brighten our lives.
Have a lovely, safe weekend, everyone!
Friday, July 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment