Thursday, June 26, 2014

Look who showed up yesterday on Island Drive!  Terry Powers sent these pictures:
 Yesterday morning at my camp on Island Drive, I found the following turtle sitting in my driveway. It was quite large and I think it's a snapping turtle. Have also included a video of it returning to the pond. I wondered if anyone else is seeing the turtle around. I was not aware that such large turtles were in the pond.

He is quite a good size, but not  unusual, I think - and don't they live a really long time?  Here's some info on turtles that may be found in our area: Turtle Identification  Click on the images to enlarge them for better viewing.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...