Saturday, June 28, 2014

I just heard from Bob Noyes (the North Shore Rd. Bob Noyes) that earlier this week, he thinks perhaps Monday, around 6 a.m., he heard an unusual noise coming from the direction of the channel, and he's wondering if it was a moose.  I found this link of moose calls, and have asked Bob if this is what he heard, but haven't had a reply yet.

There are cows pastured not far from the channel, and sometimes they have an unusual bawl, but I expect Bob wouldn't mistake that sound; on the other hand some experienced hunters have to listen closely to distinguish between a bear and a bawling cow when the sound in off in the distance.  Some cows have a really guttural voice, not the soft "moo" one expects.

Nice weather again today - still holding for tomorrow.  Great weekend to be at Joe's Pond. 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...