Tuesday, September 03, 2013


We've had a pretty busy day - lots of e-mails flying in all directions, and we've been on the go a bit, as well.  Today was recycling day, so Fred went early while I tried to catch up on e-mails and phone calls.  Later in the morning, we met with a reporter and photographer from Lyndon State's Channel 7 TV, to talk about last summer's e.coli situation and this year's lack of it.  We met at the beach and it seemed very clean.  We did spot four ducks, first paddling in the water, but later on they were resting on the grass in the sunshine.  No sign of geese.

As we were leaving, we saw a couple just walking along the parking area and stopped to talk with them.  They were visiting from Australia, making a loop through Vermont on their way to Conway, New Hampshire and on to Kennebunk, Maine before returning home - I believe they said they were from Melbourne.  They were interesting and very appreciative of Vermont.  Pam Hebert was also there to talk with the Lyndon State College TV reporter, and when she finished her interview, she joined our conversation with the visitors. 

Once back home, I had phone calls and e-mail.  First, Jamie, who takes care of the buoys in the pond, has asked me to see if anyone has a good white barrel that he could use to replace the one Jane  Milne lost in a wind storm a while back.  He temporarily put an old, not very good looking spare one he had on hand, on the sand bar by her home, hoping hers would show up, but it hasn't been found and he said he'd like a better looking one to go there.  So if you have a barrel that is still good, please let Jamie know and he will pick it up and replace the old one now marking Jane's sand bar.  Jamie's e-mail is:  jamie.dimick@katv.org.  

I have had another request.  Someone called me today looking for a couple of  items.  First, if anyone has a Joe's Pond Cookbook they would consider selling, please let me know.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Elsie Deforge's book, Turn of the Century - Joe's Pond, published in 1995 that you would sell, let me know, as well.  

Both the above items are no longer in print, but I frequently have inquiries about one or the other.  Today, it was for both.  Send me an e-mail, janebrown@joespondvermont.com, or give me a call, 802-563-2381. 




No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...