Tuesday, January 22, 2013

This will be another cold night for us.  The thermometer has hardly moved off the zero mark all day, and now there are snow squalls and a gusty NW wind.  It is not going to be a good night to be outside, for sure. 

We just had a message from Homer and Margaret Fitts who are spending some time in Florida - it's warm there, of course, and they are very much on the go with friends.  I'm pretty sure Homer was just "rubbing it in" a bit when he sent his greeting.  I don't often envy our friends who migrate to Florida each winter, but as this stretch of super cold weather continues, I may have some those thoughts.


In case you want to check it out, I've updated the Joe's Pond Ice-Out page and Fred activated it today.  We have more to add, like photos and also a news release about the changes in the location of the pallet and flag this season.  We'll have it all up to date in a day or so.  Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies, but I promise we'll have it done soon.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...