Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Good morning!  We had a cold night last night.  Our thermometer shows an overnight low of 3.4, but it's 7.9 now.  The sun is bright and there's hardly a cloud in the sky, so it's starting off to be a glorious day, but unfortunately, there's a winter storm warning beginning at 7 p.m.  If you need to go anywhere, better do it sooner rather than later because tomorrow is going to be a bad weather day, if the forecast is correct.

Here's something you may want to take care of if you live in Cabot -
Trash collection at the recycling center, Saw Mill Road in Lower Cabot, will be available Wednesday from 1 to 5 p.m. to help people remove holiday accumulations.
The Recycling center will not be open.
Trash and recycling will be conducted on Saturday as usual.


We hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.  We have been pretty much on the go in the last few days and welcome a "time out" while we reorganize (my office) and get back on schedule (mainly tone down our eating habits).  Try as we might, the temptations from Thanksgiving through Christmas are just too great.  Between holiday meals and making holiday sweets we normally don't indulge in, being tired after shopping trips and taking home "something easy" in order to not make a meal, the inhibitions were gone and now we both have to pay up.  Starting today, we're back to "normal" - no sweets, no fast foods, smaller portions of EVERYTHING, and above all MORE EXERCISE.  Even the cold shouldn't stop us from getting out there and working off some of these extra calories.  Our New Year's resolutions start nowWith luck and will power, we expect to fit our clothes better in about a week.  And no, there won't be another pig-out to celebrate New Year's Day.  

I'll get some extra exercise just straightening out my office.  This little space is my catch-all, where I put mail, extra bits of whatever I'm too rushed to put away, clippings I'm too busy to file, reference books I thought I'd use again but didn't, boxes that I thought I'd need during the holidays and didn't, packaging, extra containers, a few spare decorations, and miscellaneous tools I was in too much of a hurry to put away.  It won't take long to set things straight once I get started.  That is, if I don't find something in one of the piles of papers that needs immediate attention so again I'm interrupted. 

Let's see.  First we walk.  Next we'll have breakfast and watch the news.  THEN I'll start organizing the office.  See?  I'm getting organized already . . . !

 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...