Thursday, August 09, 2012

I had some comments about that funny-looking little caterpillar's picture I posted the other day (see photo, left)Here are the links sent: Number 1, with the comment, "looks like it's a pretty standard moth.;  Number 2, saying, "I saw the same caterpillar today, I looked him up and this is what he is;" and Number 3  from a Canadian reader who has "visited Joe's Pond a couple times in the past."   

Thanks to everyone - I'm glad to know we aren't being invaded by some strange creature due to global warming or something.  Of all the pictures on the sites above, I think this Vermont bug shows off his colors best.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...