Monday, March 26, 2012


I took this picture at noon today. The thermometer seems frozen at about 26 degrees, and we've been getting snow showers with howling wind off and on all morning. The sun has tried to stay out, but there are massive storm clouds filled with moisture, so we're getting enough snow to keep the ground pretty much white. Not exactly a pretty picture, and it seemed way colder than the thermometer was showing when I was out just before lunch to climb up Jamie & Marie's drive. I didn't need the creepers on my boots, but I haven't put them away, either. At least this appears to be pretty typical weather for March - or early April - and that's sort of comforting.

Don Sherwood sent this picture again of a bunch of Joe's Ponders when they met at Punta Gorda for lunch a while back. He's been watching the blog and the weather here, so I guess he's just sore he missed all the great spring skiing! It's a good looking group, so I decided to humor him and display it again. And yes, with all the mud and snow flying around, their sunshine looks pretty good, even to this old dyed-in-the-wool Vermonter.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...