Saturday, May 28, 2011

I just received more photos of the flash flood damage done in Cabot Village. These photos were taken by Cheryl "Lyndy" Huntley of Cabot:
Flash Flood Damage in Cabot Village

Lyndy said she has been asked to share her photos with the Governor's Highway Safety team for use in their training. She was very generous in sharing them with not only me to put on the blog, but for the Cabot Historical Society to use, too.

Lyndy then sent me these photos of Gov. Shumlin when he arrived to view the damage. I don't have a report of his impressions, but perhaps someone who was there will contact me. Here is the slide show: Gov. Shumlin's visit to Cabot

As I finish posting this, thunder is rumbling yet again outside and we've had a shower or two as storms passed over. We don't need more rain, for sure, but perhaps it will wash away some of the muck left by the flash flood. It's going to be a soggy weekend, I guess.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...