Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homer Fitts sent this message this morning -

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22, 2011
50th ANNIVERSARY
BERT AND JINI FRYE
1076 ONEIDA ROAD
DANVILLE, VT. 05828


Thanks, Homer - I bet folks will want to sent them a card.
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Frye!

We got our bi-weekly shopping done this morning and will be able to tuck in for the duration of the cold weather that's coming up for the weekend. We're due for a stretch of below-zero weather - the forecast is saying the thermometer won't be above zero even in the daytime for a couple days, at least, and as low as -20 at night. And I think there will be a little more snow. We have managed to get a little snow each day so far this month, sometimes only half an inch or so, but enough falling to mostly block out the sun, so we're getting a little sun starved. Even today, that started out bright and sparkly, has become dreary with only a hint of the sun behind clouds and snowflakes. It's 22 degrees, which isn't bad.

We picked up lunch at the Railroad Street Bagel Depot. We hadn't been in since the ownership change. There are some quite nice booths now, and the breakfast menu looks particularly interesting. They still have great bagels and lunch offerings. My roast beef wasn't as good as it could have been, but that was because I wasn't aware I needed to tell them to use mayo and/or mustard, but it had a generous amount of beef and veggies and their whole wheat bread was wonderful - sliced at least an inch thick - and after I glopped some mayo on, the sandwich was very good. Next time I'll know I need to tell them exactly how I want it made. Fred had some potato salad that was very good and he said his veggies on a bagel was very good, too.

St. Johnsbury, as usual, doesn't have as much snow as we do, but it still looks like winter there. We got some pictures along the way and I've put together a slide show:
Jan. 20, 2010

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...