Wednesday, December 08, 2010

We are getting a little more snow today. I measured 6.5 inches of new snow this morning on my snow board. That makes a total of 15 inches measured over the past five days. It's like fairy dust - when I stick my ruler into it to take a measurement, it collapses! Very light and dry, so it's easy to handle - shoveling or blowing. It is cold this morning, though. My thermometer is at 15 degrees still - it hasn't moved upwards at all since early morning.

This came from George and Judy Anderson this morning --

Good Morning Jane and Fred, The attached picture was taken this morning. We're 20 miles south of Tampa and all of the Tampa area was under a freeze warning last night. I didn't really think that the frost would amount to much, but to my surprise, it did. The lawns were white also. This is way too early for this cold weather...January maybe, but not on December 8th. We went to the Buccaneers football game on Sunday, the temperature was in the high 60's and windy at the start of the game at 4PM, but when the sun went down it was a whole different story. We had layers of clothes on. I had a hat, scarf and gloves on, as many fans did, but just couldn't get warm. Hope this isn't an indication of what's to come for us this winter.

Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.
George and Judy


Thanks to George and Judy, now we know some of you guys who left to escape the cold are having to bundle up, too.

Just as I was taking the picture of our snow to post above, the sun started to peek through the clouds and snowflakes. Right now it's quite bright and I can see patches of blue sky - but there are still snowflakes floating down. Very pretty. And the temperature is beginning to come up - gained a couple of degrees in the last few minutes.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great picture from the Andersons. Looked like that here in Port St. Lucie (Southeast) FL. Our daughter tried using my kitchen spatula to scrape the windshield so that she could get to school...don't know if you can buy scrapers around here! May have to stock up on my next visit to VT. Two winters in a row with this is odd to say the least.

Lori Schrader

News on Local Property Taxes - and More!

It's that time of year when everything is coming to life again - the flowers are blooming and the trees are budding. Today is a lovely,...