Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fred spent some time looking in the blog archives today and came up with two links I thought you might be interested in. I was surprised that so much was going on in November of 2006 - not just the fire in Hardwick, but you'll see in the next entry we had a bunch of construction projects going on at Joe's Pond then, too. Check it out: November 1, 2005

Then I looked back at a few more years - in 2007 we had quite a lot of snow by Thanksgiving. Looks like we probably won't have anywhere near that much this year, but there's still time, and more than likely we'll get a storm just before the holiday to inconvenience folks who want to get someplace for Thanksgiving.

I've been working on the new web site for Cabot Historical Society most of today. I had laid the groundwork months ago, but hadn't gone back to it, so recently when I've tried to work on it I've had to re-learn, or try to, from the beginning. It has been frustrating but today Fred helped me out and I think I may be "getting it" finally. I'm not building a site from scratch; I'm using a Google template thing that is supposed to be like "Web Site Building for Dummies," but there's a definite mindset one needs to be able to understand how computers work, and I'm far too literal or something. I expect to be able to delete something with the "delete key," and copy and paste at will; but that isn't how things work in this program. And whoever wrote those instructions when you click on "Help" must have been in one awful hurry because a whole lot of it doesn't make sense and half the time I can't even find the buttons they're telling me to use. I think I'm getting the hang of it, though, but it's definitely a "use it or lose it" type of learning curve, so I'll need to work on it at least a little bit nearly every day or I'll be in trouble again.

Another beautiful day today, and I missed most of it because I wanted to master this web site thing. Tomorrow isn't going to be as nice, but that's ok; I want to get in another full day on the web site so I can put it up for people to use soon.

I have a bunch of appointments in St. Johnsbury this coming week, so I'm hoping the driving doesn't get too dicey. I'll try to stop by the construction sites and post a report. We may have three constructions sites to watch on Sandy Beach Road if those beavers are building in the vicinity . . .


No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...