Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another rainy and cool-ish day. We've had lots of fog, a cold drizzle, but all the snow from a few days ago is now gone. We really didn't have much snow, but I was able to report a trace a few times last week.

Fred and Bill
y were down at the building sites this afternoon. I was working on the new web site for the historical society so didn't get to see the progress until I unloaded the photos. The LaGue house is closed in with windows in place and is looking good. The carpenters said they'd have it closed in by Thanksgiving, and so it is.

At Gagne's, there are windows in there, too, although
Fred got a picture of only the side facing the road, so we aren't certain about the front of the place. This crew also wanted to have it closed in by Thanksgiving, and it looks as if they are within range of hitting their mark. Looks really nice.

At LaGue's, there was a nice yellow cat hanging out. Fred said it looked well fed, so probably belongs to one of the neighbors. Also, there has been some road work done on Sandy Beach Road - looks like the town did some work on the culvert - however, it doesn't look to me as if it will be much help in a really big storm. I think it should be a bigger one and set lower, otherwise, the water will again wash over the road. I have to hope they know what they're doing, but I wouldn't want to bet any money that it won't wash out again, first big rain we get. Here's a picture of it - the road surface looks really nice, a whole lot better than the road along the flat on West Shore Road. That is really messy and will be until things freeze up again, I expect. Looks like April out there!

We wish everyone a very nice Thanksgiving. Travel safely.

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...