Monday, September 20, 2010

The tomatoes are covered so frost be darned! I have been cutting back some of my flowers, too. Big job - I think I'm going to plant grass seed next year where some of the flower beds are. Way too overgrown and too much work.

Bev and S
teve Allen sent this gorgeous picture of sunrise. Here's what Steve says:

Taken September 16th. We always see our most spectacular sunrises in September, as the Sun is lower in the sky and the refraction under the clouds is more pronounced...

They also sent a message this morning asking about the wind tower they noticed on a ridge north of the pond. Turns out it belongs to Bill Hass who lives in Walden. Steve and Bev took a ride up there today and got these nice pictures of the turbine and the house. Steve commented:
Here's a couple of wind turbine pictures we took this morning; it is indeed on Watson Road, not far out of Walden. There is a beautiful house over looking a large man-made pond, as well. We'd be interested to hear how long folks have been observing this looking at the north end of Joe's Pond.

I know Fred and I never noticed it even though I understand it's been in operation for about a year. I'm not sure we could see it from our house, but once the leaves ar
e off the trees around us, perhaps we can now we know just where to look. Thanks for the pictures and letting us know about this, Steve.

We've looked into wind power in the past, but have been told we don't have enough wind, which I might say blows my mind. Seems like we nearly always have plenty, especially in some spots, but not so, according to the experts.

On a sad note, our dear friend, Blanche Lamore, who is the most active and alert 98-year-old I know, was taken to the hospital over the weekend and apparently isn't doing as well as hoped. Knowing Blanche, though, she'll be back in no time directing all of us and working the suppers and bazaars like she always has. She is in Central Vermont Hospital, in intensive care right now, but I'm sure she'd appreciate a card. We wish a speedy recovery for her.


No comments:

Good News!

 I just heard from Marti Talbot that Carolyn Hamilton is moving to rehab. I will have more information later with an address where friends c...