Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just a brief note to let you know there is more information about the cell service in our area on the Contact Page, www.joespondvermont.com/comment. Fred was able to find out some information today that you may be interested in.

I was surprised on my way down to Cabot this morning when I saw a pheasant running along the side of the road just above the Burtt farm - very near where I'd seen the turkeys last evening. You don't often see pheasants in this area,
but again, I didn't have my camera handy and it darted into the underbrush before I could get a shot of it. The head, banded neck and long tail feathers were unmistakable. Just now when I checked my e-mail I found this message from Ray and Evelyn Richer:

Good morning Jane...

Thought you might like to see this shot that I 'grabbed' this morning while Ray and I were having our coffee... First thing I called mom so she could see him too, then grabbed the camera...so this is not a 'professional' shot... I did have him all in the frame when I click the photo but he apparently lifted his head slightly and his antlers went out of the frame just a bit... darn! Anyway... he took off down Sandy Beach Road after this shot and then up into the woods toward Morgan's land... Nice healthy moose...

Have a wonderful day!!

Blessings, Evelyn

A handsome fellow and looks as if he really appreciated having his picture taken! Thanks to Evelyn for this photo. Not exactly his best side . . . !

I was pretty busy at Fall Foliage today and didn't get many pictures. Here is one I took soon after arriving where there weren't many people around yet. Later it was crowded and of course I didn't have time for picture-taking. We did think we had a pretty good turnout, but still down from other years in the recent past. The weather was pretty good all day, much better than we'd dared hope, and all tours went as planned. We had a nice fire going in the big old wood stove and that felt really good first thing in the morning. A fun day, but I'm ready to put my feet up and also need to rest my voice. I've talked to a lot of people today and even made some new friends and met lots of familiar faces from previous Fall Foliage years. We love it that people keep coming back every year.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...