Tuesday, August 31, 2010


This picture came from Diane Rossi this morning. Diane says: "Clearly, it's still summer!!!"

Nice picture, Diane. Thank you.

We're in for another really hot day today. I just sent off my CoCoRaHS report, with no precipitation again, but also noted there was no condensation in my gauge as there has been for the past several mornings. Wh
Publish Post
en the night temperature drops far enough below the day time temperatures, I'll have a good bit on condensation in the tube. Last night was different and the temperature remained pretty much in the 60's, I think. Tube was dry as a bone this morning.

I was interested in what the latest hurricane, Earl, is up to and thought you might like to have a link to check it, too.
National Hurricane Center

I noticed Fiona is traveling at just about twice the speed of Earl, in the same direction - so what happens if/when it catches up and they join forces? Does this increase the intensity of the storm? It would seem to me they would feed off each other and that could mean it would be a real whopper when it comes ashore.

Enjoy the nice weather while we have it - we may be in for a bumpy ride later on.

No comments:

Spring and Reminders

This has been a busy weekend for me. I think the nice weather brought out not only the buds on trees and flowers, but it energized people. I...