Saturday, August 21, 2010

We had a very nice meeting today, the last meeting of the Association here at Joe's Pond. I think we were all a bit sad that the year has ended, but the weather cooperated very nicely to help us over the rough spots being somewhat chilly and dreary. That somehow made it much easier to put equipment away and say our goodbyes. Of course, just because many of our members will be leaving shortly doesn't mean the activities of the Joe's Pond Association are over. There will be no more meetings, parties or suppers, and the place has no more rentals scheduled, but we still have a few dues to collect and then there's the on-going Ice Out Contest. We have been selling tickets since July - not hot items, but there's some activity that goes on pretty steadily throughout the fall and winter. About March or early April there will begin to be a real crush. There are also closing of the season duties like getting the pavilion ready for winter (water off, etc.), and the signs on all our roads put away. Lots of people will still be here watching out for these things; lots of others will be heading south.

I'll have the minutes transcribed in a few days and Fred will get them posted on the web site. I'll let everyone know when they are posted.

I'll be putting together a new directory for members and will have it ready by next spring. If you have corrections or changes, please get in touch with me so I can include the information. Usually as soon as I publish a new directory something changes to make it out of date already; but we do the best we can and members should remember that the on-line directory is updated as soon as we get new information, so that's always current. It is also password protected, so if you are a member and don't know how to access the directory from home page, get in touch with either Fred or with me.

Here's something that will cheer everyone up. Evelyn and Frank Caufield's granddaughter, Michelle Walker, was married at the JPA pavilion early this summer. Evelyn very kindly sent this short video to me and gave me permission to use it here. It's lovely, and you'll recognize a lot of the background, I'm sure. Click here to see the clip:
Wedding

What a lovely setting. They are a lovely couple and it looks like it was a perfect wedding day for them. That's our JPA pavilion - pretty nice, right? They did a great job decorating and Evelyn said everything worked out very well. We wish the newlyweds every happiness.

No comments:

Spring and Reminders

This has been a busy weekend for me. I think the nice weather brought out not only the buds on trees and flowers, but it energized people. I...