A few bits of news -
Many people will be shocked and saddened to learn of the suicide of well known St. Johnsbury artist and author, Stephen Huneck. Apparently he took his own life in his car in the parking lot at 105 W. Main St., Littleton. There will be more information after authorities have finished their investigation. Details from the Caledonian Record: Huneck
In Cabot, there was a recent auto accident on Danville Hill that turned out to be a case of stolen vehicles. Residents are urged to lock their vehicles. Details are here: Cabot News
There's news on the proposed Rt. 2 work in Cabot, held up last summer: Rt. 2
You'll find a question about the January 4th posting about the Cabot School Board's request for input. We haven't had more information since their last meeting, I believe on Jan. 5, but they were to make a final budget proposal by January 16th, as I recall. Property taxes will be affected whether a property owner is a resident or not; seasonal property owners pay a different tax rate than home owners, so those taxes may see an even greater increase. The main difference in what happens is that residents may vote and so have a real effect on town meeting day, while seasonal property owners do not have a vote at town meeting, but could still make suggestions to the School Board as they struggled with the budget. Perhaps someone will send a more detailed answer to that comment.
Friday, January 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment