Saturday, October 31, 2009


This is the sculpture Bill Rossie helped assemble yesterday - just in time for Halloween. I bet any kids in the area had fun imagining what this monster was all about!

As you can see, the three men were successful in getting the huge
metal art piece mounted on the large rock and safely bolted in place. Bill said Kellogg used his tractor to move the beast, and with proper tools and apparently great planning, they got the job done. Here's what Diane wrote:

I forgot my camera, but Pam sent me her pictures. The question of the day was...."How many architects does it take to drill a hole?" These guys are all architects, and this was an all-day project, but it got done, and everyone was pleased. It has balanced, moving parts....really kind of neat.

As you can see, it looks quite different depending on which side you see it from and how the light strikes it. It sort of looks like a giant mermaid in this picture. Don't forget to click on the image to enlarge it . . . !

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...