Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Some of you may already know, but I just found out today that Jane Ward (Barre Ave) fell back in July and broke her wrist. She is recouperating at Woodridge Nursing Home in Berlin, doing well, but I'm sure she'd enjoy hearing from some of her Joe's Pond friends. The address there is: 142 Woodridge Rd., Berlin VT, 05602-9165. I don't know her room number, but I'm sure she'll get any mail sent. Her phone number there is 802-224-7171.

Here's something that may give you a chuckle. Remember these people? Ukulele Orchestra

Just for the record - I made the right call last night. There was no frost! I went out to the garden today to check out where those darned bees are, and sure enough, there is a neat hole in the ground right between my rhubarb and the lovage. I believe they are beneficial in some way - at least for spreading pollen, but I've also heard some bees or wasps help control garden insects. They were very busy today, so I stayed well away from them as I picked up the stalks dropped when I left in a hurry yesterday. The sting site isn't painful, but it is swollen and itches, so I'm glad they only got me once. I should try to get a photo so I can identify them . .

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...