Sunday, February 15, 2009

I have my computer back. Of course it doesn't seem like my computer -- it goes really fast and the keyboard is entirely new to me - different shape, different slant, function keys in places I wouldn't have thought to look, and the regular keyboard is curved down in the middle and up on the ends which is opposite to the curve of my fingertips as I rest on "home keys." I guess there are a host of people using computers who don't know or care about touch typing - therefore there are no "home keys" for them. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it is very strange. It's nice to have lettering on the keys again, though. The lettering had worn off many of the keys on my old keyboard. I got along fine with it, but I will try to re-letter the keys before I give it to the historical society. I'm pretty sure some of the people who will be using it will need to see what the keys are. The new keyboard and the mouse are wireless, and that's nice. Woody would sit on the wires of the old one and I couldn't move the mouse.

We are very sorry to report the untimely death of John Pearl due to heart failure on February 12. John, 53, was the son of William "Bud" and Lucia (Johnson) Pearl of Danville. The Pearl family has owned the small island for many years, and are members of Joe's Pond Association. John is survived by his wife, Sheri
(Sargent) Pearl, his two sons, Henry and Isaac and his wife, Logan; his parents; sisters Margaret "Peggy" Pearl of Ryegate and Elizabeth "Liz" Sargent and husband Robert of Danville, and many nieces, nephews and friends. He was predeceased by his brother, Tom, in 1982. John owned a dairy farm in Danville. It was his request that there be no service or visiting hours.

Our thoughts and prayers are with John's family. You may send condolences to the Bud and Lucia at 476 Pearl Road, Danville VT 05828; or to Sheri Pearl at 478 Pearl Road, Danville VT 05828.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...