Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another cool day at Joe's Pond. The coldest reading we had was a minus 18 degrees sometime during the night when Fred checked the thermometer and the fire. He said that reading came from the warm side of the house, the front, and the back side thermometer outside my office window probably was lower. It always is. Right now it's reading zero, but hasn't moved in a couple hours, so may be frozen. On the front we presently have five above.

Diane sent a quick note this morning:
I see a couple of tip-ups out on the ice this am, and an auger over by Homer's, but no person. I hope he's in a shanty. It's -25 this am, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to be ice fishing....

She also mentioned that Joyce and Phil Rogers had called from Florida yesterday. They say the weather is quite cool there, 66 degrees, but it's fine for gardening and such. They had been moving a palm tree on their property . . . like Diane says, they'll probably get tired of weather like that.

Our new Epson WorkForce 30 printer installed very easily yesterday. There's still a small glitch in that every time we turn off the computer, there's a new copy of the printer installed. It seems that after it has installed the copy, it doesn't do it again like the HP did, so we have only two choices when we want to find out which copy is active. The HP seemed to reinstall every time we turned the computer on so there were multiple choices. I'm hoping someone can get to the bottom of why it does that, but if not, I can work with it. The printer is compact and very quick. The biggest problem is that it makes a lot of noise and always wakes Woody up when it starts to print. I think we'll get used to it, but right now we both jump when it crashes into action. Spits out perfect copies in record time, though.

Fred is working with Bill Rossi on some computer project this morning - we'll tell you more about that as things progress. Now I have my printer back, I have to dig into the historical society stuff again. It's also time to think about the spring edition of the Joe's Pond Association newsletter . . . we always publish right after the Ice-Out Contest is announced, but I like to start getting articles, information and ads together well ahead of time. So it's back to work for me this morning. I need to clear out some of the historical stuff to be ready for the newsletter stuff . . .


No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...