Monday, July 28, 2008

From Steve and Bev Allen this morning, some facts about what is destined to become known as "the summer of the heap big waters" here at Indian Joe's headquarters:

Jane,
My son Doug is a Hydrogeologist. I asked him: "Given that the surface area of Joe's Pond is 396 acres, how many total gallons would there be if an inch of rain fell on the Pond?" His answer: "One inch of rise in JP is equivalent to 10.8 million gallons of water. "
Since my rain gauge shows a month to date total of 9.71" of rain, that's a heckuva a lot of water over the dam!

Think of all that water pouring through the narrows and over the dam 24/7 - lots of power there! Thanks, Steve and Bev, for sending this to us.


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...