Monday, June 23, 2008

I hope everyone enjoyed the on-an-off-again-rainy-weekend. Today is turning out pretty nice, but if things get warmed up too much we'll be back into the thunder storm/heavy rain pattern.

I've had a message from JPA Association President,Tom Dente, and the group who were going to put on a show "Shakespeare on the Farm" (or maybe that's the group's name . . . ) anyway, they were scheduled for Aug. 16, but are unable to bring that performance to us until 2009. Fred has taken it off our events schedule, so the Pavilion is available on Aug. 16.

I've been very busy getting ready for July 4th at the Cabot Historical Society. I've been able to finish a lot of the material I've been working on and it will be available on the Fourth at the Historical Society Museum. It seems as if as soon as I take one of the boxes of material out of my office and return it to the museum, someone donates more. And that's GOOD! We've just had a wonderful gift of a family history of the Rev. Fred Blaney Blodgett whose family lived in Cabot many years. I have just finished copying his book on the history of his generation in Cabot - a wonderful collection of facts and memories he finished in about 1951 and which the Cabot Library owns but allowed us to copy.

Rev. Blodgett died in 1954, but there are at least two members of the Blodgett family who are members of the Cabot Historical Society. Neither lives in Cabot now, but both attend meetings and other Cabot functions often. I will combine both of Rev. Blodgett's writings in a bound book for our CHS library; the original family history given to the CHS will be preserved and protected. It's a very interesting project and we are grateful to Mary Blodgett Fearon for giving us those family papers to combine with the previous ones.

I must get back to my scanner. I hope you check out the "Lost, Found, For Sale, etc." pages in the JPA section on home page. There have been some changes, and I'm in hope to have more items listed during the summer. It's a good way to recycle stuff you aren't using. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Perhaps you'll find a treasure there.


No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...