Monday, May 19, 2008

I thought I was through with snow pictures, but here we are in the middle of a mini-snowstorm - big sloppy flakes and sometimes swirling little guys, depending on how much wind is behind them, I guess. I took some pictures - of course! That's not just fog over the pond, that's SNOW. All those little dots on the pictures below - SNOW. The thermometer outside my window is right on 32 degrees and it's a little past six o'clock, so I've been out and rescued some potted flowers I had sitting on the deck - I knew it was too early, but with the nice weather I took a chance. It's never safe to put tender plants out until after June 12 here at Joe's Pond. The cherry tree just off the edge of our deck seems to love the cool weather, but I'm not sure how the apple trees will do. The buds are formed and some of the blossoms are out, so I guess there could be some damage to the apple crop if the temperature goes too far down tonight.


Just when we thought we had seen the last of the cold.

Not so unusual, though - there have been a few Memorial Day weekends in the past that have been anything but warm. We'll hope things warm up before then.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...