Good Morning!
This came from Steve and Bev Allen this morning --
FYI - An ice-out contest from our son Doug's local weekly. Looks like they just ask for Month/day and then have a drawing...Link
Thanks for sending that, Steve. I wonder if this is the first time they've done this? That is an interesting way to decide when the ice is "out" of the pond. Seems as if it's just a fun thing, not to benefit a lake organization or anything.
Today is sunny and beautiful to look at, but there's still a cold wind and my thermometer is reading about 19 degrees, in the shade. On the other side of the house some of the icicles are dripping, so the sun is warming things a bit. We have a couple of new business cards on the web site under "services." Our neighbor, Tim Greaves came by this morning to drop off his card. Tim is an electrician and lives on Rt. 215, so he's handy by.
P.S. - yesterday was NOT the last day Fred would need to snowblow the driveways. There were drifts here and there that he needed to clear away this morning. I keep thinking about what Dave Parker said yesterday on the radio about making ice, not melting it - we could have gained another inch or so in the past couple of days. By the way, have you listened to Dave's two radio show interviews? Both are now posted on the left side of home page on www.joespondvermont.com
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Milfoil Update
FROM BARRY CAHOON: To all who have selflessly and tirelessly volunteered their time on multiple occasions throughout this past summer and e...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment