Sunday, January 27, 2008


We have a report for all you Ice-Out Contest folks. Diane Rossi went out onto the ice today and talked to some of the people fishing through the ice. Here's her first report:

I took a stroll out on the ice on my snowshoes today. The fishermen say the ice is 2-2 1/2 ft. thick. They aren't catching much.

This evening I had another comment from Diane -

There's been a truck driving around on the ice all afternoon....like it's just fun. I don't see headlights, so I assume it's gone. Or he found a soft spot.....


Thanks for the information and the pictures, Diane. I sure hope whoever it was driving around out there is ok. Every year it's a concern, but as far as I know, there have been no accidents here at Joe's Pond involving trucks or cars, and there are a lot out there some weekends. A snow machine went through in the narrows last year, as I recall, but no one was hurt, luckily.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...