Monday, December 10, 2007

Another snowy day in the north country!

We were in St. Johnsbury again today - and Fred took lots of pictures while I was busy getting my hip and shoulder fit again. You might think my complaining was in order to avoid helping Fred stack all that wood, but that isn't it at all. I've actually been quite uncomfortable, especially walking, and turns out I have bursitis going on. Anyway, I'm doing great now, thanks to Dan Wyand and his physical therapy associates. They are all very nice folks there, and I've had great results every time I've had to have P.T. I've gone there for therapy on everything from a stiff neck to a shattered ankle - and some kinks in between - and always had a good experience. It's not quite like having a relaxing massage with incense and mood music, but close enough when you're hurting.

We went into town early, before the salt had really made much of a mark on the hill leading up to the hospital, and we wondered if we'd make it. We overtook a slow moving tractor of some sort half way to the top, and we couldn't see over the brow of the hill to pass, so we had no choice but to slow down and hope for the best. We made it just fine. That's some hill approaching the hospital from the interstate.

On the way home, I drove and Fred took pictures. Lots of you will recognize Dole Hill and that's the south side of Danville Village pictured above. I really like that photo of the village - looks like a Christmas card scene.

In West Danville, we made our usual stop at Hastings Store and the post office. Garey and Mary were on hand. There was no tempting aroma of freshly baked banana bread like when I was there on Saturday, but the store was warm and friendly with nice decorations. There was a petition on the counter about the bath house at the public beach. Perhaps you know there's some concern as to whether it should be taken down or renovated. We couldn't sign it because we aren't voters in the Town of Danville.

By the way, I noticed on the outside of the store there's a sign for wreaths - plain or decorated, and they'll ship them - contact Jane Larrabee.

As we came to Point Comfort, we couldn't resist Santa and his Reindeer scampering across the ice from their dock. Merry Christmas to all, and to all, Good Night!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...