Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another pretty nice day . . .

What is it that directs so many people to start conversations with a comment about the weather? Perhaps it's because we don't really have much of importance to say - and it's a good opener, I guess, although really pretty boring unless we're having a hurricane or mega snowstorm or rain is falling in buckets. I think we're just very fortunate here in Vermont right now that we don't have all that awful weather other states are getting. Could be our turn will come, I guess.

Anyway, Fred and I took Woody to the vets today for his annual checkup, and I went to the dentist's for my semi-annual checkup. We both passed with flying colors, and I must say, our cat did remarkably well on the trip. He was pretty nervous as was evidenced by his tail lashing back and forth as he crouched on the back seat or sat between us on the armrest. He meowed some, but only when the car gained a speed of about 50 m.p.h. He's just as accurate as the speedometer. 40-45 m.p.h. he's pretty content except when we got into town, and even at low speed there he seemed nervous about the traffic - so much to see for a country cat. West Shore Road has traffic, and usually it's pretty fast, but hardly ever bumper-to-bumper like in town.

Fred took some pictures. I thought this one looking east over Portland Street Bridge was nice. We had to wait for the paving guys going through Danville, so he got more pictures from the car.
They are doing the road through Danville Village after all - I was afraid they'd wait to do that and it would be awful all winter. After a stop in W. Danville, I was driving and noticed an antique car some distance behind us. We stopped at the W. Shore Road turn and Fred was able to get a couple of pictures - turned out it was Phil Rogers! Great car! He was moving right along, too, not holding up traffic at all. We thought you'd like to see it.

I had a note from Cherese Mason today. She said her doggie treats have really taken off. Here's some of her e-mail message:

I have sold over 300 bags [of doggie biscuits]. I have registered with the State and have started my business. I have business cards, I'm getting brochures and labels printed as we speak! and certainly will buy a spot in the newsletter. I am working on building a website too! I am selling my biscuits at local stores as well..... L.A.C.E. (the old Homer Fitts Store in Barre), Ladies Workout Express, a couple of convenience stores, and also to a doggie specialty shop in Falmouth, Mass and in Portland, Maine. I will be doing local farmers markets, and craft fairs etc., too . . . This is so much fun. I just can't believe the response and interest I have got from this! I have changed the biscuit menu a bit, and I'm doing gift baskets now too. I also do catering for doggie showers, birthdays, graduations or any doggie special occasion! I just worked out with my boss working part time instead of full time, so I can pursue my business. I am super busy and having a blast. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the orders will continue to pile in! I am already taking Christmas orders! Only 57 days until Christmas! Cherese

It's really great she's doing well. Better get your Christmas order in soon! You'll see her business card on our web site and I'll be sure to get in touch with her in the spring when it's time for newsletter ads! Congratulations, Cherese!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...