Saturday, May 06, 2006

Here's another postscript to our Joe's Pond Ice Out Contest, 2006. I received this note and picture in the mail. The news clippings are a bit too long to post here, but I'll bring them to the spring meeting for members of Joe's Pond Association to see, and they will be saved with our other clippings about Ice-Out 2006.


May 4, 2006
Francoise "Frenchie" Cutting

23 Monument Rd.
Swanton VT 05488

Sorry it took me so long to write back to you. Here is a picture of me holding the check, and also a great story that was in the Burlington Free Press by Ed Shamy. I just loved his column. Thanks for the check, I will enjoy spending it. I will certainly play again next year. It was my first time buying a ticket, beginner's luck, I think!!!!! I also have enclosed the write-up from the St Albans Messenger. They mistook "Frenchie" for a man I guess, because they never called me. But Ed did.

Again, thank you very MUCH - you made Easter Sunday a day I will always remember.

Sincerely,
Francoise Cutting
(AKA) "Frenchie"

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...