Thursday, April 13, 2006

ICE SHOWING SIGNS OF AGING

Well, the ice still isn't out of Joe's Pond yet, but it may not be long now. We had this report from Kevin Johnson on Wednesday. With the really warm and windy weather Wednesday, a little rain last night, and another mild day today, I'm sure the melting process has accelerated. Here's Kevin's report:

The ice is still about 16-18 inches thick. I went out yesterday and the day before (after work) - perch fishing. On Monday they were biting very good! I caught my limit (50 fish) within an hour! My tow boys, Kyle 10 and Connor who's 7, caught 42 between the two of them. I was up till 11:30 cleaning fish! Then last night I caught 50 more, but it took longer to do it. The ice was getting very soft on the top and I'm sure that today's weather will take its toll, also. May not be safe to venture out after today. -Kevin

My advice to Kyle and Connor - get your dad off the ice and have him switch to a nice brook for some trout fishing. Won't get as many, but it's a whole lot safer this time of the year! Happy fishing - I sure hope the Johnson family likes perch in a big way.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...