Friday, March 17, 2006










Above: Sugaring Season on Cabot Plain, the Bolton family heading home after a long day gathering sap and boiling at the sugarhouse. Photos from late 1920's or early 1930's.

CABIN FEVER RELIEF.

I got my e-mailed newsletter, "News From Vermont" from Burr Morse in East Montpelier today. Burr's ramblings are always an antidote for what ails you, and this newsletter made me chuckle. Having navigated our West Shore Road and Route 2 frost heaves two days in a row this week, and having recently experienced Cabot's town meeting, I truly know what Burr was talking about. It was good to know they are boiling over at the Morse Farm, too. I've wondered how the maple producers are doing this year. Apparently all is well in spite of the strange weather. If you haven't check out the Morse Farm web site, go to www.morsefarm.com You'll find where you can read back issues of Burr's newsletter and I guarrantee you'll feel a whole heap better when you're done.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...