Sunday, January 10, 2016
We are getting the rain, as predicted. It has rained fairly steadily all day and the temperature has remained in upper 30's, perhaps getting into the low 40's briefly around noon. There has been plenty of wind, and we lost electrical power for a few minutes late this afternoon. The road looks as if it could be very slippery, but there have been a few cars going by, so it's certainly passable. Our driveway was glare ice for a while, but mushy, and Fred was able to break it up so it shouldn't be a problem. There's an awful lot of water running off the hills into the pond, and we're all wondering if the ice will open up again. The temperature is moving downward tonight, and we expect everything to freeze up before morning. Then a break on Monday with "normal" temperatures and snow on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment