Friday, June 22, 2018

Good Morning! What a beautiful day. Do you know - it was below freezing here last night. I had a low of 31.8 degrees registered on my weather station. I haven't looked at the few indoor plants I have outside - I had no idea it was going to be so cold and didn't cover anything. I don't want to look - and anyway, the damage if any, is done. The best thing is to let the sun warm them naturally and perhaps they will be ok. One is my avacado tree - and I know Fred would be delighted if that gangly beast bit the dust. I, on the other hand, treasure it in all it's crooked, unsightlyness because I started it from an avacado pit years ago. We had it in our bedroom for a long time, but it would randomly drop leaves, which was annoying, and it also went through a period of giving off a very sweet aroma. That, too, became annoying, so I moved it into our back hallway where it continues to annoy by being too large for the spot and interfering with having the door open more than half way. So I put it outdoors a few weeks ago and it loves it. Or at least up until last night, it loved it. It may drop all its leaves now, in which case I may as well discard it. But I'll give it every possible chance to survive.

I'm looking for a special person to go to the town offices to search deeds for the West Danville History book. We have found that the process is thoroughly confusing for us. It's time consuming, and those big books are miserably heavy to carry back and forth from the vault to the research table in the next room. We have asked if we could bring in a card table to set up in the vault when we are researching, but that is not possible. Patty has a day job, so it has been up to Dot and me to try to search, and we don't have the know-how or stamina to do all of what we'd like to. So we need help.

We are very aware that this is something that we really need to get done in order to be able to place where families now long gone lived, and where places of business once were, etc. So we would like to find someone who has the time, energy and know-how to do this for us on a volunteer basis (we are all volunteers on this project). There are perhaps five or six deeds we'd like to have traced at this point. If you have the time and could do this for us, or if you know of someone, it would be greatly appreciated. We will of course give you due credit as a researcher and part of our team. Please get in touch with me at janebrowncabot@gmail.com, or Dot at dlarrabee78@gmail.com.

I'm so hoping to hear from someone willing to spend some time for/with us. Thank you.

No comments:

Snow & Ice Report

 W e're through another March snowstorm, and as far as I can tell, we aren't expecting more snow this month. We'll probably have...