Friday, May 26, 2017

The weather is looking pretty good for the weekend, but it's sure been a soggy couple of days.  All the wet weather seems to be great for the black flies, and as always, they love me.  I hate slathering myself with various bug repellents, but if I don't and they get me, I'm in agony.  One bit me near my watch strap last week and it's still swollen and itching; not only that, but when I get a bite like that it seems to start a chain reaction and I have intermittent hives.  So I avoid getting bitten any way I can.  I particularly like an all  natural concoction I found at Hastings Store several years ago called "Crocodile!"  I tried to get more of it, but they didn't have any - so a few days ago I looked on line and found it!  It has rosemary, thyme, peppermint and caster oil in it.  Smells good and seems to work.

Dee McKown is working on the yard sale coming up on June 24.  Tables are $10, and you can reserve yours by calling her at 802-684-3900.  I'll have more information when it gets closer, but if you're thinking of getting a table, it would be good to do it soon.

We're looking forward to a busy weekend - the Joe's Pond Association Spring Meeting tomorrow at 10 a.m. and the Cabot Historical Society Annual Meeting at 2 p.m. on Sunday.  If the weather is nice, I have outside work to finish up - just a few more stones to put in place and then will trim the grass and perhaps post a picture of the finished project.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Snow & Ice Report

 W e're through another March snowstorm, and as far as I can tell, we aren't expecting more snow this month. We'll probably have...