Saturday, October 29, 2016

We've lost most of our snow, and that's a good thing.  I really wasn't quite ready for the snow to stay.

We had a note from Cousin Ora in Rhode Island today, and she sent a picture of her in her Halloween costume.  Ora says she usually has between 80 and 100 trick or treaters, so she likes to be prepared.  That hat is a hoot.  She says it's reversible and very nice and warm.  I guess reversed it would be an all-black witch's hat of sorts.  Ora is a member of a photography group where she lives and has taken some beautiful photos I've shared with you in the past, so she's no stranger to being on either end of a camera.  

I was trying to remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween - it was when we lived in St. Johnsbury, I suppose, when my kids were young.  I remember dressing them up for Halloween, though.  And then when they were older, Bob played creepy music on the organ, and Jamie and Bill took turns being scary for all the little kids who came to the door.  I know some of the neighbors thought the Dimick clan was pretty weird, but the kids in the neighborhood thought it was cool.

No comments:

April Showers

Our April Showers are darned cold this morning. My outside temperature reading is 37.5F and there is a bit of wind out of the NW. It isn'...