Tuesday, January 19, 2016

We know it's winter today, for sure.  The wind is whipping and the thermometer hasn't shown anything but single numbers so far - but at least they are above zero.  Tonight may be a different story. 

We also know things are getting back to normal when we get a call, as we did today, for an interview about Ice Out.  They are coming to talk with us about the expected effects of our unusually warm weather on the contest.  I suspect they won't want to spend much time outside the way the wind is whipping down the pond today!  I am showing 2 above at the back of the house, and a mean NE wind, I think.  I'm not certain if the wind gauge is fully functional after being solidly frozen up a few days ago, and it's too cold to even go out on the deck where I can look up at it at the peak of the roof.  I'm showing wind speed, but the direction hasn't changed all morning, and that's unusual.  I believe it's WCAX that's doing the interview with us, but I'll have more information later this afternoon, and I expect it will be on tonight's newscast.

This beautiful picture came this morning from Fred's brother, Tom.
He took it earlier this morning from the top of Spruce Saddle, Beaver Creek, Colorado, apparently where chair 6 unloads.  He was literally high above the clouds.  The sunshine makes it look ideal for a great day of skiing.  He didn't mention temperature, but the weather forecast is for temps in the 30's daytimes and 20's nights.

No comments:

April Showers

Our April Showers are darned cold this morning. My outside temperature reading is 37.5F and there is a bit of wind out of the NW. It isn'...