Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Sometimes I sit down at my computer and don't have a thing in mind to write about.  That was the case tonight, and when I logged onto blogger.com intending to write a little about the weather and that would be it for tonight, there was a comment waiting for me.  Now I have a purpose!  Millie, if you are reading this, I would definitely be interested in the little picture album you purchased.  I don't have your e-mail or contact information - that doesn't show up on the comment unless you include it.  As you may know, I keep all sorts of historical information for Joe's Pond and Cabot.  I have put together albums for Joe's Pond Association and also Cabot Historical Society.  However, most recently I am working with the Danville Historical Society on a history of West Danville, and of course Joe's Pond is a significant factor in the history of the town.  It seems your picture album would be a treasure trove for us to be able to scan for the history and preserve either in our Joe's Pond Association archives or at the Danville Historical Society.   Please get in touch with me - janebrown@joespondvermont.com, or call me at 563-2381.  

We (the group working on the W. Danville history) just received photos and other memorabilia from a former resident, and in that batch are some Cabot obituaries that I am so glad to have.  I'm finishing a second album of obituaries and today made a master index and discovered I had several duplications.  That's easy to remedy, and when I have the album full, I'll scan it page by page and make a pdf so it can be displayed on line.  Obituaries often have a great deal of good information for people trying to trace family lines for genealogies, and unfortunately, the Cabot Historical Society building where the albums are kept is open mostly only by appointment, so having the information available on line should be helpful.  I just learned today about a new website that funeral homes will use the same as they usually send obits to newspapers.  Great idea. 

I check the local papers every day and save any that have a Cabot connection, print them and then file in an album.  Trouble is, the albums get very little use, so it's better to have them accessible on the computer.

I want to check on the election returns - we went to Cabot to vote this morning - surprised voting was at the Willey Building this time.  I guess the gym was busy with school stuff.  The weather has been pretty mild all day, but there was no sunshine.  Dreary day, but more lively weather ahead later this week.

No comments:

April Showers

Our April Showers are darned cold this morning. My outside temperature reading is 37.5F and there is a bit of wind out of the NW. It isn'...